Adconion Media Group Makes Global ‘Land Grab’ for Video Advertising Market
Acquires smartclip, Europe’s Leader in Digital In-stream Video & Connected TV Advertising
November 9, 2011 (Santa Monica, CA) ─ Adconion Media Group has affirmed its position as a market leader in online video advertising following its announcement today that it has acquired smartclip, Europe’s leader for digital video advertising. This acquisition brings together DCA’s client smartclip, Europe’s largest video ad network, with one of the world’s largest independent audience and video networks to create a global leader in online advertising.
This strategic acquisition will significantly strengthen Adconion’s position in online video in its existing markets and accelerate the deployment of its digital distribution platform into the emerging markets of Eastern and Central Europe and into the segment of Connected TV. The smartclip business with its expertise in digital video advertising will complement Adconion’s existing product range. The proprietary in-stream video and Connected TV technology of smartclip will be integrated with the Adconion platform, which is already delivering targeted ads and content across display, email, social and both in-banner and in-stream video.
According to Tyler Moebius, Founder and CEO of Adconion Media Group, this announcement will shake up the video market considerably as studios, agencies and advertisers are demanding the opportunity to hyper-syndicate more targeted content across multiple platforms than ever before.
“The addition of smartclip’s exclusive in-stream reach and Connected TV apps to our platform is an important development in growing the online video industry globally. We will now be providing advertisers an exclusive audience which they can reach in scale across in-banner, in-stream and Connected TV,” said Moebius. “The online video and web TV market is incredibly fragmented across the globe and there is an extreme shortage of quality in-stream inventory. We’re seeing the same market evolution in video inventory that we experienced in premium display several years ago. Opportunistic vertical broker networks are popping up every day and are focused only on arbitrage, or brokering the same real estate and essentially adding no value to the advertisers, publishers or content partners. We are focused on providing technical solutions to our publishers, superior monetization for our content partners and exclusive audiences and deep user experiences at scale to our advertisers.”
“Adconion is both strategically and technologically a natural partner for us to accelerate and achieve smartclip’s next level of growth” said Jean-Pierre Fumagalli, co-founder and CEO of smartclip. “Both parties understand the evolution of audio visual media consumption and are committed to delivering to advertisers and agencies solutions for a digitally merged TV and online video experience on a global scale.”
With the acquisition of smartclip, Adconion will gain 118 employees in Europe and expand to 27 offices servicing clients throughout the UK, Germany, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and Portugal in Western Europe; Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland in Northern Europe; and Russia.
The S&A transaction team was comprised of David Siemer, Jonathan Roth, Garrett Taylor and Michael Mizrahi.
About Adconion Media Group
Adconion Media Group is one of the largest independent global audience and video content networks, reaching over 325 million unique users – or one-quarter of the total global Internet population – every month. Dedicated to true partnerships with agencies and marketers, Adconion arms agencies with customized solutions and innovative products designed in-house while delivering significant global reach across multiple platforms through a single network. As a digital media holding company, it manages a portfolio of brand and performance solution businesses worldwide. Adconion Media Group wholly owns Adconion Direct, a multi-channel distribution platform spanning display, email and social media; Joost, a digital media company devoted to video and content syndication; and RedLever, a global studio specializing in developing and producing brand-integrated and associated content.
Adconion has 16 offices in 8 countries around the world, is a member of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), is one of the first companies to be IAB certified with its first ever Ad Networks & Exchanges Quality Assurance program in the US and is a founding member of IASH Europe.
smartclip, Europe’s leader for digital video advertising, is delivering video ads across a variety of platforms and devices with utmost media efficiency. The company works with publishers, media agencies and advertisers, enabling all parties to benefit from the placement of online video ads. smartclip helps media agencies and advertisers roll-out their campaigns on a number of different devices (tablet PCs, Connected TV sets, gaming consoles, desk- or laptops and smartphones) and allows publishers to benefit from proprietary and innovative technology solutions. smartclip is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany and has 11 offices throughout Europe. The company was founded early 2008 by Jean-Pierre Fumagalli and Roland Schaber in cooperation with the eValue Group of Internet entrepreneur Thomas Falk and backed up by Van den Ende & Deitmers, the venture capital of Endemol founder Joop van den Ende. Twitter: @ smartclipAG
About Siemer & Associates LLC
Siemer & Associates LLC is a global boutique merchant bank that serves digital media, software and Internet companies throughout their business life cycles. Our investment banking professionals have successfully completed more than 50 transactions that aggregated over $3 billion in sell-side mandates and surpassed $1.5 billion in equity capital. We offer exceptional corporate capital raising, financial advisory services and M&A, specializing in cross-border transactions.
Siemer Ventures, the early-stage investment arm of S&A, is one of the most active investment funds in Southern California, claiming more than 40 current portfolio companies and making an average of 12 new investments each year.
S&A is committed to offering honest advice and guidance based on relevant experience, deep domain knowledge and an understanding of the market. We provide our clients with the insight and education necessary to make informed decisions, resulting in an enviable record of client satisfaction and success. Siemer & Associates is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Singapore and Hong Kong.
About Digital Capital Advisors
Digital Capital Advisors is the premier investment banking boutique dedicated to serving innovative media companies in the U.S. and Europe for whom digital is core to their DNA – as well as those who would like it to be. Founded and run by long-time media investment bankers and former CEO’s, these advisors / entrepreneurs / financiers / investors have been fully immersed in and have helped shape the media landscape for the past 20 years, both offline and online. Such invaluable experience, well-honed insights and extensive relationships throughout the industry with both strategic operators and financial sponsors are of immense value to DCA’s clients as it helps them navigate the fast-changing media landscape and create superior value.
DCA provides advisory services in the form of sell-side and buy-side M&A, as well as the private placement of equity and debt, for digital media companies throughout their evolution. A key differentiator of the firm is its focus on seamlessly executing cross-border transactions, just as the digital world has knocked down those boundaries. The firm’s global capabilities are enhanced by its strategic alliance with eValue Group AG, a prolific and highly successful European venture capital fund, as well as other global alliances that have been formed over the years.
- David Siemer Speaks on Keynote Roundtable at Red Herring 2013 Top 100 North America Conference
- Ivan Nikkhoo Writes About Raising Growth Capital for SoCalTech
- John Rudolph Speaks on Music Branding and Commerce Panel at Digital Hollywood
- David Siemer Speaks on What It Takes to Get Funded Today Panel at DMW Games
- Ivan Nikkhoo Speaks About Declining PC Sales with CNN
- Dan Chen Speaks on Yale in Hollywood Entertainment Conference Panel
- Siemer & Associates Releases Q1 2013 Siemer Mobile Report
- Dan Chen Speaks on Finance Panel at DMW Music 2013
- Siemer & Associates Advises TapIt! on its Sale to Phunware, Inc.
- Ivan Nikkhoo, Managing Director of Siemer & Associates LLC, Joins Digital Jersey Board of Directors
- David Siemer Honored as Power Player at AlwaysOn’s OnHollywood 2012 Private Dinner
- Siemer & Associates Advisor, John Rudolph, Speaks with Bloomberg TV on Apple’s Streaming Radio Service
- Martin Lichauco to Judge ON3 Nationals Hosted by STAC Silicon Valley
- Ivan Nikkhoo to Speak on Mobile Video Market at OnMobile 2012
- David Siemer Highlighted in 89.3 KPCC Article that Discusses VC Investing Concerns
- Siemer & Associates Sponsors PWC’s Shaking the MoneyTree Report, Hosted by LAVA
- David Siemer Speaks on Valuing and Financing Entertainment Content Panel at Digital Hollywood Spring
- Siemer & Associates LLC Expands Operations with the Addition of Dan Chen as Managing Director
- David Siemer Interviewed by Forbes: Investment Dollars for Start-Ups: Who’s Getting the Cash?
- Siemer & Associates and Siemer Ventures Launch WaveMaker Labs, a Singapore-based Technology Incubator Certified by the Singaporean Government
- Martin Lichauco Discusses Telecom Incubators with the Philippine Daily Inquirer
- David Siemer Discusses Capital Market Trends in Mergermarket’s Deal Drivers Americas 2011 Report
- Siemer & Associates LLC Advises Fetch Technologies on its Sale to Connotate
- Martin Lichauco to Present on Cross-Border Transactions for Lex Mundi in Manila
- David Siemer Discusses “Four Pitfalls that Sabotage Startup Growth” with SandHill.com
- Ivan Nikkhoo to Serve as Judge at USC Global Consulting Challenge
- Ivan Nikkhoo Serves on Early Stage Financing Panel
- David Siemer Discusses Global VC Trends with KPCC’s DeBord Report
- David Siemer Discusses 2012 Ad Network M&A and IPO Trends with MergerMarket
- David Siemer Interviewed in Hollyisco: 2012 M&A and Venture Capital Trends
- Ivan Nikkhoo Serves on Panel at Venture Summit Silicon Valley 2011
- Siemer & Associates LLC Publishes Q3 Digital Media and Software M&A Activity Exit Report
- Adconion Media Group Makes Global ‘Land Grab’ for Video Advertising Market
- Ivan Nikkhoo Serves on Private Equity in the New Economy Panel
- Ivan Nikkhoo Speaks at Los Angeles October AlmaSession
- David Siemer and Martin Lichauco to Judge Infant Companies at Startup Weekend Manila
- Ivan Nikkhoo Sits on YPO Mobile Technology Summit Panel
- Siemer Silicon Beach Summit Featured in Los Angeles Business Journal Article
- Siemer & Associates Advises mDialog on $5 Million in Series A Investment from Blackberry Partners Fund
- Siemer Silicon Beach Summit Highlighted in Investor’s Business Daily Article
- Siemer & Associates Publishes Fall 2011 Mobile Landscape Report
- Siemer Silicon Beach Summit Featured in Hollyisco
- Siemer & Associates Sponsors PWC’s Shaking the MoneyTree Report, Hosted by LAVA
- Martin Lichauco Featured in Asian Venture Capital Journal
- Morphlabs Raises $5 Million in Series C Financing
- Siemer & Associates Publishes Online Advertising Landscape Report
- Siemer & Associates and Frontera Group Join Forces to Form Siemer Ventures
- Ivan Nikkhoo Featured in Los Angeles Business Journal Article
- David Siemer Featured in Mergermarket Article
- Siemer & Associates LLC Extends Reach to Asia with Hong Kong Office, Hires Martin Lichauco as Managing Director ─ July 21, 2011
- Ivan Nikkhoo Elected to Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA) Board of Directors
- Siemer & Associates Advises GoTV Networks, Inc. on its Sale to Phunware, Inc. ─ July 12, 2011
- Siemer & Associates LLC Provides Financial Advisory Services to Dedicated Media
- David Siemer Featured in Los Angeles Business Journal Article
- Siemer & Associates Sponsors L.A. Dealmakers’ Summer Soirée 2011 on July 21
- Siemer & Associates LLC Advises Pringo, Inc. on its Merger with MobileBits Holdings Corp. ─ July 1, 2011
- Ivan Nikkhoo to Moderate Panel at LAVA Investment Capital Conference 2011 ─ June 22, 2011
- Siemer & Associates LLC Advises Countdown Media LP on its Sale to Bug Music, Inc. ─ June 14, 2011
- Siemer & Associates Sponsors PwC’s Shaking the MoneyTree ─ May 26, 2011
- Shoedazzle Receives New Investment Round; Siemer & Associates Advises — May 18, 2011
- Siemer Ventures Makes Second Investment in Ranker – April 4, 2011
- Siemer Ventures Invests in Marketfish – January 10, 2011
- Siemer Ventures Invests in Morphlabs, Inc. – January 4, 2011
- Siemer & Associates Sponsors Digital Hollywood: Fall – October 18-21, 2010
- Siemer Ventures Invests in Phunware – October 15, 2010
- Siemer & Associates Sponsors Charity Ball for Kiva – May 15, 2010
- Siemer & Associates Will Be At Digital Hollywood: Spring – May 3-6 2010
- Siemer Ventures Invests in Ranker – April 26, 2010
- Siemer & Associates Announces the Hiring of Jonathan Roth as a Director
- David Siemer Speaks at SXSW 2010 – March 13th, 2010
- See David Siemer Speak At CES 2010
- Siemer & Associates Announces the Hiring of Michael Mizrahi as an Analyst
- Siemer & Associates Announces the Hiring of Garrett Taylor as an Analyst
- Siemer & Associates Advises Levelvision: College on its Sale to Visser Digital Media
- David Siemer Selected as Speaker at CES 2009
- Siemer Ventures Announce Investment in Xcast Labs
- Siemer & Associates Advises Adengage on its Sale to Technorati
- Lockheed Martin Completes Acquisition of Aculight Corporation
- Shelfari Joins the Amazon.com Family
- Siemer & Associates Announces Office Move
- WidgetBucks Secures $10 Million to Expand Internet’s Fastest Growing Ad Network
- J.D. Power and Associates Acquires Umbria Inc.; Expands Voice of the Customer Research Capabilities on the Web
- Answerology Sold to Hearst Magazines Online Q&A Community Platform to be Integrated Into Hearst’s Sites
- TurnHere Secures $7.5M in Venture Capital Funding from Venrock and Hearst Interactive Media
- Covario, Inc. (Formerly SEMDirector) Raises $16 Million B Round led by FTVentures
- WPP Acquires Blast Radius
- WPP Acquires Marketing Leader, Schematic
- CBS Buys SignStorey
- Thomson Acquires Distributor
- Corporate Executive Board Completes Acquisition of ITtoolbox, Extends Service with the Addition of a Professional Online Community
- The Walt Disney Company Acquires Club Penguin
- Hearst Corporation to Acquire UGO Networks: Deal Signifies Hearst’s First Major Step Into Digital Entertainment
- Jupitermedia Announces Acquisition of Mediabistro.com Online Community and Job Board Serving Media & Creative Professionals
- Pulvermedia Recapitalized with Debt by Technology Investment Capital Corp.
- Vantage Media Secures Series A Financing of $70 Million
- Fidelity National Real Estate Solutions Announces Acquisition of Go Apply
- Story Worldwide Taps Private Equity from Seaport Capital to Merge with Byte Interactive
- Hearst Magazines Announces Acquisition of eCRUSH.COM, Inc.
- Data Company Finalizes $134m Takeover of Opinion Research Corporation
- Channel Intelligence Leverages Funding by Internet Capital Group to Focus on Innovation
- « Older Entries